Thursday 17 March 2016

MY TWO FAVOURITE THINGS

Thursday 17 March 2016
A while ago I made my gorgeous Mum a cake for her birthday which combined my two favourite things: food and flowers. 

I made a floral wreath using oasis, foliage from the garden and some beautiful red roses. After soaking the oasis I just add the foliage piece by piece until it's covered and then add the flowers. I'm by no means a pro but there are loads of tutorials online like this and this

My oasis wreath was the perfect size for a standard cake so I simply popped it on top of my victoria sponge and ta daa! The effect was really dramatic and it's a great way to jazz up a cake without icing. I particularly love it because you can use it as a table decoration after you've eaten the cake so it's like two presents in one! 

This is quite a wintery design but in the summer you could add peonies, pink roses or hydrangeas to make it nice and bright.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAWLESS LIFESTYLE © 2014