Tuesday 23 February 2016

LONDON TOWN - TO EAT

Tuesday 23 February 2016

I moved to London for university and absolutely love living here. There is always something to do and it's amazing to live in such an exciting city. For those of you already here or those who are planning a visit I thought I'd show you some of my favourite spots around London in a series about the city.

I'm going to start off with food as eating is my favourite activity in London. There are some incredible restaurants in London and I love finding new spots to try (Rosie at The Londoner is great for dining inspiration). 

1) Ok first up is La Bodegra Negra. My boyfriend took me here and first I was a little confused! The outside of the restaurant is designed to fit in with the soho aesthetic so there are neon signs and winking eyes all over the place! It feels like a secret as you walk in and are taken downstairs in to a cave like restaurant. 

La Bodegra Negra is all about Mexican (my favourite) and my are they good at it! I would recommend the grilled corn - its absolutely delicious and covered in chipotle sauce - and also the melt-in-your-mouth lamb barbacoa which is perfect for sharing. This really is a special place and the chilled out atmosphere is perfect for a fun meal. 


2) My next pick is Burger and Lobster. Whilst it's pretty popular and you may have seen it on other sites I can't help but recommend it. They only have three things on the menu: a whole lobster, a lobster roll and a burger. Considering they're all priced at £20 I would always recommend the lobster. It's really delicious and is served up with fries, salad and a garlicy butter sauce. 


It's quite hard to get reservations but if you don't mind waiting you can get a table on the door. I've visited both their Oxford Circus and Soho branch but I have to say I prefer the Oxford Circus restaurant; It's a better layout and feels more like a treat! If you want to get your hands dirty and try some delicious simple food this is the place for you. 


3) Finally on my shortlist is Homeslice in Seven Dials. This restaurant makes the mother of all pizzas. They are incredible and I have to resist the temptation to get a slice most days. Not only are the ever-changing flavours delicious but the pizzas are ginormous (no really I mean it!). 


Priced at £20 each (or £4 a slice) you can get a half and half pizza to share between two. I would recommend the chorizo and corn, salami and rocket and (if they bring it back) the courgette and artichoke. Once again you can't book and queues can be out the door five minutes after they open. My two preferred options are: 1) Prepare for the wait and go and get a drink in a local bar 2) Get a takeaway box and devour it on the Neals Yard benches. Either way you have to try it!  


There are some other incredible restaurants and I could go on forever (I'd recommend The Ivy Market Grill as a more relaxed alternative to The Ivy and The Hawksmoor for the best roast you will ever eat). Have you been to any of these restaurants? If so let me know what you thought and I'll be posting a blog about my favourite places to shop in a few days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAWLESS LIFESTYLE © 2014